Re: [GIT PULL] first round of SCSI updates for the 5.15+ merge window

From: Steffen Maier
Date: Fri Nov 05 2021 - 08:54:15 EST

On 11/5/21 13:43, James Bottomley wrote:
On Fri, 2021-11-05 at 13:37 +0100, Steffen Maier wrote:
On 11/5/21 13:14, James Bottomley wrote:
a move to register core sysfs files
earlier, which means they're available to KOBJ_ADD processing,
which
necessitates switching all drivers to using attribute groups.

I seem to be missing?:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-scsi/163478764102.7011.9375895285870786953.b4-ty@xxxxxxxxxx/t/#mab0eeb4a8d8db95c3ace0013bfef775736e124cb
("scsi: core: Fix early registration of sysfs attributes for
scsi_device")
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mkp/scsi.git/commit/?h=5.16/scsi-staging&id=3a71f0f7a51259b3cb95d79cac1e19dcc5e89ce9
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mkp/scsi.git/commit/?h=5.16/scsi-queue&id=3a71f0f7a51259b3cb95d79cac1e19dcc5e89ce9

We have quite a list of patches that came in just before the merge
window opened. They get incubated in linux-next for as long as
possible and then sent in the final pull request.

I think that would break our CI with Linus' vanilla kernel between when Linus merges this and until he merges your final pull request. Daily test fails for about a week or so? I tried to avoid that by coming up with a regression fix as fast as possible.

We're covered with linux-next already via Martin's for-next.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind regards
Steffen Maier

Linux on IBM Z and LinuxONE

https://www.ibm.com/privacy/us/en/
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gregor Pillen
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen