[PATCH v2 3/4] mm/vmalloc: be more explicit about supported gfp flags.
From: Michal Hocko
Date: Mon Nov 22 2021 - 10:32:59 EST
From: Michal Hocko <mhocko@xxxxxxxx>
b7d90e7a5ea8 ("mm/vmalloc: be more explicit about supported gfp flags")
has been merged prematurely without the rest of the series and without
addressed review feedback from Neil. Fix that up now. Only wording is
Signed-off-by: Michal Hocko <mhocko@xxxxxxxx>
mm/vmalloc.c | 14 ++++++++------
1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
diff --git a/mm/vmalloc.c b/mm/vmalloc.c
index b6aed4f94a85..b1c115ec13be 100644
@@ -3021,12 +3021,14 @@ static void *__vmalloc_area_node(struct vm_struct *area, gfp_t gfp_mask,
* Allocate enough pages to cover @size from the page level
* allocator with @gfp_mask flags. Please note that the full set of gfp
- * flags are not supported. GFP_KERNEL would be a preferred allocation mode
- * but GFP_NOFS and GFP_NOIO are supported as well. Zone modifiers are not
- * supported. From the reclaim modifiers__GFP_DIRECT_RECLAIM is required (aka
- * GFP_NOWAIT is not supported) and only __GFP_NOFAIL is supported (aka
- * __GFP_NORETRY and __GFP_RETRY_MAYFAIL are not supported).
- * __GFP_NOWARN can be used to suppress error messages about failures.
+ * flags are not supported. GFP_KERNEL, GFP_NOFS and GFP_NOIO are all
+ * supported.
+ * Zone modifiers are not supported. From the reclaim modifiers
+ * __GFP_DIRECT_RECLAIM is required (aka GFP_NOWAIT is not supported)
+ * and only __GFP_NOFAIL is supported (i.e. __GFP_NORETRY and
+ * __GFP_RETRY_MAYFAIL are not supported).
+ * __GFP_NOWARN can be used to suppress failures messages.
* Map them into contiguous kernel virtual space, using a pagetable
* protection of @prot.