Re: Linux 5.16-rc5

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Sun Dec 12 2021 - 22:59:35 EST

On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 03:24:52PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> So everything looks fairly normal. This rc5 is perhaps a bit bigger
> than usual, but it's not like it's breaking any records. I blame
> people trying to get stuff done before the holidays, and/or just
> random timing effects.
>
> Anyway, I do expect things to calm down over the next couple of weeks,
> but we'll see.
>
> As to rc5, the patch is dominated by drivers (network, sound, hid,
> rdma, usb... and a lot of other random things) and selftest updates
> (bpf, kvm and networking).
>
> The rest is fairly random - filesystems (cifs, btrfs, tracefs), core
> kernel and networking. Some fixups to the new damon virtual address
> space monitoring code.
>
> Shortlog appended.
>
> Do give it a good testing - with the holidays coming up, things are
> probably going to slow down both on the development and testing front,
> and as a result I expect that I will also extend the rc series by
> another week not because it's necessarily needed (too early to tell,
> but doesn't feel that way), but simply because nobody will want to
> open the next merge window immediately in the new year.

Build results:
total: 153 pass: 152 fail: 1
Failed builds:
mips:allmodconfig
Qemu test results:
total: 480 pass: 480 fail: 0

Same old.

Building mips:allmodconfig ... failed
Error log:
ERROR: modpost: missing MODULE_LICENSE() in drivers/pci/controller/pcie-mt7621.o
ERROR: modpost: "mips_cm_unlock_other" [drivers/pci/controller/pcie-mt7621.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mips_cpc_base" [drivers/pci/controller/pcie-mt7621.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mips_cm_lock_other" [drivers/pci/controller/pcie-mt7621.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mips_cm_is64" [drivers/pci/controller/pcie-mt7621.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mips_gcr_base" [drivers/pci/controller/pcie-mt7621.ko] undefined!

Guenter