Re: [git pull] drm final fixes for 5.16

From: Daniel Vetter
Date: Mon Jan 10 2022 - 10:36:27 EST

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 6:42 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 7:23 PM Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > There is only the amdgpu runtime pm regression fix in here.
>
> Thanks, from a quick test it works for me - the backlight actually
> does eventually go away.
>
> It does so only on the second time the monitors say "no signal, going
> to power save", but that has been true before too.
>
> So I think there's still some confusion in this area, but it might be
> elsewhere - who knows what Wayland and friends do. At least it doesn't
> look like a regression to me any more.

Well it's not a true fix, just a "go back to exact old behaviour, but
limited to relevant gpus for amdgpu only" so that i915 doesn't
regress. I think there's some more debug to do here and
Alex/Harry&team can look at leisure now :-)

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation