[GIT PULL] Fix fill_files_note

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Tue Mar 08 2022 - 14:35:39 EST

Kees,

Please pull the coredump-vma-snapshot-fix branch from the git tree:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace.git coredump-vma-snapshot-fix

HEAD: 390031c942116d4733310f0684beb8db19885fe6 coredump: Use the vma snapshot in fill_files_note

Matthew Wilcox has reported that a missing mmap_lock in file_files_note,
which could cause trouble.

Refactor the code and clean it up so that the vma snapshot makes
it to fill_files_note, and then use the vma snapshot in fill_files_note.

Eric W. Biederman (5):
coredump: Move definition of struct coredump_params into coredump.h
coredump: Snapshot the vmas in do_coredump
coredump: Remove the WARN_ON in dump_vma_snapshot
coredump/elf: Pass coredump_params into fill_note_info
coredump: Use the vma snapshot in fill_files_note

fs/binfmt_elf.c | 66 ++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------------
fs/binfmt_elf_fdpic.c | 18 +++++--------
fs/binfmt_flat.c | 1 +
fs/coredump.c | 59 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
include/linux/binfmts.h | 13 +---------
include/linux/coredump.h | 20 ++++++++++++---

---

Kees I realized I needed to rebase this on Jann Horn's commit
84158b7f6a06 ("coredump: Also dump first pages of non-executable ELF
libraries"). Unfortunately before I got that done I got distracted and
these changes have been sitting in limbo for most of the development
cycle. Since you are running a tree that is including changes like this
including Jann's can you please pull these changes into your tree.

Thank you,
Eric