Re: Linux regressions report for mainline [2022-03-06]

From: Thorsten Leemhuis
Date: Wed Mar 09 2022 - 03:55:15 EST

On 09.03.22 09:34, Kalle Valo wrote:
> "Regzbot (on behalf of Thorsten Leemhuis)" <regressions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> writes:
>> net: wireless: rtl8723bs (SDIO) - Access point mode causes a kernel panic
>> https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/regzbot/regression/d58625ad-6f3e-a7d7-b5b4-d18eb16f4082@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
>> https://lore.kernel.org/regressions/d58625ad-6f3e-a7d7-b5b4-d18eb16f4082@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
>>
>> By José Ángel Pastrana, 35 days ago; 3 activities, latest 2 days ago.
>> Introduced in 54659ca026e5 (v5.16-rc1)
>>
>> Fix incoming:
>> * staging: rtl8723bs: Fix access-point mode deadlock
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/?h=master&id=8f4347081be32e67b0873827e0138ab0fdaaf450
>
> Just a small wish for the future, no need to change this report, but for
> staging drivers it would be good use "staging:" instead of "wireless:"
> in the title. This makes it easier for people to see that this is a
> staging driver, not a normal wireless driver.

Yeah, sorry about that, that is actually what I would do normally, but
seems for some reason I got it wrong here.

BTW, for anybody who cares: Jakub had a good idea to handle the "which
subsystem is this about" way better (in short: by checking which lists
are CCed), but I currently lack time to implement that. :-/

Ciao, Thorsten