Re: [RFC 0/3] Expose Confidential Computing capabilities on sysfs

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Tue Mar 15 2022 - 09:31:28 EST

On 3/14/22 15:43, Isaku Yamahata wrote:
> xfam_fixed0 fixed-0 value for TD xfam value as a
> hexadecimal number with the "0x" prefix.
> xfam_fixed1 fixed-1 value for TD xfam value as a
> hexadecimal number with the "0x" prefix.

I don't think we should be exporting things and creating ABI just for
the heck of it. These are a prime example. XFAM is reported to the
guest in CPUID. Yes, these may be used to help *build* XFAM, but
userspace doesn't need to know how XFAM was built. It just needs to
know what features it can use.