Re: linux-next: manual merge of the ftrace tree with the nfsd tree

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Tue Mar 15 2022 - 10:15:30 EST

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 13:33:30 +0000
Chuck Lever III <chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > af6b9668e85f ("tracing: Move the defines to create TRACE_EVENTS into their own files")
> >
> > from the ftrace tree.
> >
> > Well, this is a pain :-(

Welcome to the include/trace directory ;-)

> Apologies. Steven, can you take the sockaddr patches in your tree
> and resolve the x86_64 build issue?

My apologies, I forgot that there was changes in other trees that affect
this.

Anyway, I'll go and do a merge myself and see what happens. The point of
linux-next is to resolve these kinds of issues. I believe the reason you
took those changes was because you have a dependency on them, and I think
they should stay in your tree.

Let me do the merge myself and verify what Stephen did was correct or needs
to be updated. This will also need to be done for Linus as well.

Thanks,

-- Steve