Re: [RESEND v7 1/3] dt-bindings: mmc: mtk-sd: extend interrupts and pinctrls properties

From: Miles Chen
Date: Mon Mar 21 2022 - 00:17:24 EST

Hi Rob,

>My bot found errors running 'make DT_CHECKER_FLAGS=-m dt_binding_check'
>on your patch (DT_CHECKER_FLAGS is new in v5.13):
>
>yamllint warnings/errors:
>
>dtschema/dtc warnings/errors:
>/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/mtk-sd.yaml: properties:pinctrl-names: {'description': 'Should at least contain default and state_uhs. To support SDIO in-band wakeup, dat1 pin will be switched between GPIO mode and SDIO DAT1 mode, state_eint and state_dat1 are mandatory in this scenarios.', 'minItems': 2, 'maxItems': 4, 'items': [{'const': 'default'}, {'const': 'state_uhs'}, {'const': 'state_eint'}, {'const': 'state_dat1'}]} should not be valid under {'required': ['maxItems']}
> hint: "maxItems" is not needed with an "items" list
> from schema $id: http://devicetree.org/meta-schemas/items.yaml#
>/builds/robherring/linux-dt-review/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/mtk-sd.yaml: ignoring, error in schema: properties: pinctrl-names
>Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/mtk-sd.example.dt.yaml:0:0: /example-0/mmc@11230000: failed to match any schema with compatible: ['mediatek,mt8173-mmc']
>
>doc reference errors (make refcheckdocs):
>
>See https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1606491
>
>This check can fail if there are any dependencies. The base for a patch
>series is generally the most recent rc1.
>
>If you already ran 'make dt_binding_check' and didn't see the above
>error(s), then make sure 'yamllint' is installed and dt-schema is up to
>date:
>
>pip3 install dtschema --upgrade
>
>Please check and re-submit.

Thanks for this check.

When I use 'make DT_CHECKER_FLAGS=-m dt_binding_check' on this patch,
the warning message does show up but the 'make DT_CHECKER_FLAGS=-m dt_binding_check'
does not exit, so I am not able to tell if any error occurs by the exit value.

Would you mind sharing the way your bot capture this error? (Do I have to grep 'error'
from the log or is there any warning-as-error flags?)

Thanks,
Miles