Re: [GIT PULL] hwmon updates for v5.18

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Mon Mar 21 2022 - 21:50:35 EST

On 3/21/22 18:21, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 4:13 PM Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Improvements to existing drivers:
- adt7x10: Convert to use regmap, convert to use with_info API,
use hwmon_notify_event, and other cleanup
- aquacomputer_d5next: Add support for Aquacomputer Farbwerk 360
- asus_wmi_sensors: Add ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II
- asus_wmi_ec_sensors: Support T_Sensor on Prime X570-Pro
Deprecate driver (replaced by new driver)
[...]

To make my life easier, can I ask you to try to format these things a
bit more sanely and legibly?

You had this odd mix of sometimes using new lines to separate
different things (eg that asus_wmi_ec_sensors entry), and sometimes
just multiple different things in a list that then had line-breaks in
the middle.

That kind of stuff is _very_ hard to parse as anything but a random
jumble of words all crammed together.

Whitespace to separate things is good, and some kind of consistent
indentation makes it more legible. I edited it all up (hopefully
correctly), but it would be nice to get it in a readable form to begin
with..

Yeah, if everything does well, nobody will ever need to read that
merge message, but let's try to aim for nice and informative commit
messages anyway.

Sorry for that. I'll use your reformatting as example and use
the same format in the future.

Guenter