Re: [RFC PULL] remove arch/h8300

From: Greg Ungerer
Date: Tue Apr 05 2022 - 17:09:54 EST

Hi Daniel,

On 5/4/22 13:23, Daniel Palmer wrote:
On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 at 22:42, Greg Ungerer <gerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But we could consider the Dragonball support for removal. I keep it compiling,
but I don't use it and can't test that it actually works. Not sure that it
has been used for a very long time now. And I didn't even realize but its
serial driver (68328serial.c) was removed in 2015. No one seems too have
noticed and complained.

I noticed this and I am working on fixing it up for a new Dragonball
homebrew machine.
I'm trying to add a 68000 machine to QEMU to make the development
easier because I'm currently waiting an hour or more for a kernel to
load over serial.
It might be a few months.

It looked like 68328serial.c was removed because someone tried to
clean it up and it was decided that no one was using it and it was
best to delete it.
My plan was to at some point send a series to fix up the issues with
the Dragonball support, revert removing the serial driver and adding
the patch that cleaned it up.

Nice. I will leave all the 68000/68328 code alone for now then.

Regards
Greg