Re: Linux 5.18-rc2

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Mon Apr 11 2022 - 00:58:33 EST

On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 02:54:27PM -1000, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> It's Sunday afternoon for me, which means "rc release time". Things
> look fairly normal here, although it's early in the release cycle so
> it's a bit hard to say for sure. But at least it's not looking
> particularly odd, and we have fixes all over.
>
> Drivers is the bulk of it, and there's a little bit of everything
> here, although the AMD GPU driver fixes are perhaps the most
> noticeable. But there's also networking, scsi, rdma, block, you name
> it...
>
> On the non-driver side, we've got a bump in the diffstat for the
> static call infrastructure, but that's really just code movement. The
> actual changes are more spread out than that bump would imply, and are
> generally pretty small. There's some filesystem fixes, core
> networking, and obviously the usual architecture work.
>
> And as has been the case lately, there's the usual tooling updates -
> selftests and perf.
>
> Full shortlog appended, it's not exactly tiny, but it's easy enough to
> scroll through to get a feel for what's been going on.
>
> Testing appreciated as always,

Build results:
total: 151 pass: 151 fail: 0
Qemu test results:
total: 488 pass: 488 fail: 0

The only issue left in my testing is the warning in nosmp parisc code.

WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1 at fs/sysfs/group.c:115 internal_create_group+0x360/0x394

This problem is fixed in linux-next with
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220401203114.348053-1-deller@xxxxxx/
which should hopefully find its way into mainline soon.

Guenter