Re: [RFC 1/1] drivers/dma/*: replace tasklets with workqueue

From: Gustavo A. R. Silva
Date: Mon Apr 25 2022 - 16:11:24 EST

On 4/25/22 10:56, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
On 19/04/2022 23:16, Allen Pais wrote:
The tasklet is an old API which will be deprecated, workqueue API
cab be used instead of them.

Thank you for your patch. There is something to discuss/improve.

This patch replaces the tasklet usage in drivers/dma/* with a
simple work.

Minor nits:

1. Don't use "this patch".
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.17.1/source/Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst#L95
2. Use subject prefix matching subsystem (git log --oneline)

Github: https://github.com/KSPP/linux/issues/94

3. No external references to some issue management systems, change-ids
etc. Lore link could work, but it's not relevant here, I guess.

I think the link to the KSPP issue tracker should stay. If something,
just changing 'Github:' to 'Link:'

The KSPP has been an active _upstream_ project for about 7 years now,
and the issue tracker is publicly available. :) So it's not like a random
link to a random project. This also help us to automatically keep track
of the patches sent out to address a particular issue that we want to
have resolved upstream. So please, keep the link in the changelog text,
it's useful. :)

Thanks
--
Gustavo