[PATCH v4 0/4] OP-TEE RPC argument cache
From: Jens Wiklander
Date: Tue Apr 26 2022 - 03:33:49 EST
This patchset optimizes handling of the argument struct passed to
call_with_arg when doing a yielding call to OP-TEE.
Prior to this was this struct allocated before the yielding call and
then freed after it had returned. In case many calls are made in succession
this results in quite a bit of unnecessary allocte/free and possibly also
switching back and forth to secure work in order to register if needed.
Another optimization handles the way the argument struct needed to do RPC
is passed. Please see the patch "optee: add OPTEE_SMC_CALL_WITH_RPC_ARG and
OPTEE_SMC_CALL_WITH_REGD_ARG" for details.
* Split out a separate commit "optee: rename rpc_arg_count to
* Check optee->rpc_param_count before calling optee_disable_shm_cache().
* Mention OPTEE_SMC_CALL_WITH_REGD_ARG in commit message.
* Applied Sumit's R-B to "optee: rename rpc_arg_count to rpc_param_count"
and "optee: add OPTEE_SMC_CALL_WITH_RPC_ARG and OPTEE_SMC_CALL_WITH_REGD_ARG"
* Fixed some review comments to "optee: add OPTEE_SMC_CALL_WITH_RPC_ARG and
* Rebased on v5.18-rc1
* Updated "optee: cache argument shared memory structs" to work with older
versions of the SMC-ABI when using dynamic shared memory.
Jens Wiklander (4):
optee: rename rpc_arg_count to rpc_param_count
optee: add OPTEE_SMC_CALL_WITH_RPC_ARG and
optee: add FF-A capability OPTEE_FFA_SEC_CAP_ARG_OFFSET
optee: cache argument shared memory structs
drivers/tee/optee/call.c | 238 ++++++++++++++++++++++++------
drivers/tee/optee/core.c | 1 +
drivers/tee/optee/ffa_abi.c | 36 +++--
drivers/tee/optee/optee_ffa.h | 12 +-
drivers/tee/optee/optee_private.h | 31 +++-
drivers/tee/optee/optee_smc.h | 48 +++++-
drivers/tee/optee/smc_abi.c | 197 ++++++++++++++++++++-----
7 files changed, 461 insertions(+), 102 deletions(-)