[PATCH v2 0/4] asus-ec-sensors: add support for board families
From: Eugene Shalygin
Date: Tue Apr 26 2022 - 06:00:35 EST
Users provided information for boards from AMD-400 and sTRX40 families
and demonstrated that sensor addresses differ from those for the AMD-500
family. Also the AMD-400 family board uses the global ACPI lock instead
of a dedicated mutex to guard access to the hardware.
This patchset implements required changes to support other board
- per-family sensor definitions
- options to choose hardware/state guard mutex: an AML mutex or the
global ACPI lock.
These changes are used to add support for the PRIME X470-PRO board.
Changes in v2:
- Removed the case without ACPI mutex where the state was guarded using
the normal mutex. After receiving an update from user that case
turned out to be non-existent.
- Removed the __initconst attribute from the board data array.
- Updated documentation to include the special string for the mutex
path module parameters which make the driver use the global ACPI
Eugene Shalygin (4):
hwmon: (asus-ec-sensors) introduce ec_board_info struct for board data
hwmon: (asus-ec-sensors) implement locking via the ACPI global lock
hwmon: (asus-ec-sensors) add support for board families
hwmon: (asus-ec-sensors) add PRIME X470-PRO board
Documentation/hwmon/asus_ec_sensors.rst | 2 +
drivers/hwmon/asus-ec-sensors.c | 412 +++++++++++++++++-------
2 files changed, 294 insertions(+), 120 deletions(-)