Re: linux-next: manual merge of the m68knommu tree with the m68k tree

From: Greg Ungerer
Date: Tue May 10 2022 - 00:18:17 EST

Hi Michael,

On 10/5/22 13:37, Michael Schmitz wrote:
Hi Stephen,

apologies on my part - I had thought that I had copied in Greg on my patch series. And I evidently missed that his ELF patch would have clashed with mine.

You definitely did, I still have your patches in my inbox too :-)

Geert and Greg coordinate well as a rule, and both patches had been seen on the linux-m68k mailing list (just too far apart to jog my memory).

Yeah, this was really an accident of timing between Geert applying your series
to his for-next branch, and me applying the regset changes to my for-next
branch.

The two changes are quite distinct, but they overlap in location within
ptrace.c file. The fixup patch is pretty strait forward, and Stephen has that
right.

Regards
Greg

Won't happen again this decade (I hope).

Cheers,

    Michael