Re: [syzbot] WARNING in follow_hugetlb_page

From: John Hubbard
Date: Fri May 13 2022 - 22:52:47 EST

On 5/13/22 16:54, Minchan Kim wrote:
I isolated this to Minchan Kim's "mm: fix is_pinnable_page against on cma
page". Yes, the fat finger fix is in next-20220513.

I don't have time to analyze right now, but can confirm that in the
reproducer is_pinnable_page is returning false after this change when it
previously returned true.

OK, thanks, I dropped mm-fix-is_pinnable_page-against-on-cma-page.patch

Seems like bug of the patch v5 due to change of this

if (mt & (MIGRATE_CMA | MIGRATE_ISOLATE))

The migration type is not bit type so it shold be

if (mt == MIGRATE_CMA || mt == MIGRATE_ISOLATE)

Sorry for leading you astray by recommending the bitwise OR, Minchan.
I overlooked that point even though it was right in front of me.

thanks,
--
John Hubbard
NVIDIA