Re: Contextual conflict between kspp and rcu trees

From: Nathan Chancellor
Date: Wed Jun 15 2022 - 16:35:37 EST

On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 01:28:00PM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 12:55:53PM -0700, Nathan Chancellor wrote:
> > Per the above RCU commit and commit 6c5218715286 ("context_tracking:
> > Take IRQ eqs entrypoints over RCU"), it appears that the following diff
> > is the proper fix up. Would you mind applying it to the merge of
> > whichever tree comes second if possible? I did build and boot test it
> > but it would not be a bad idea for Sami and Frederic to verify that it
> > is correct so that Kees/Paul can mention it to Linus :)
>
> Actually, the CFI fix (and a few others) are meant to be sent for
> -rc3, so if the ct_irq_enter() change is in -next, this can maybe get
> sorted out?

Ah, I had assumed that branch was destined for the next release. If it
is for 5.19 and they make -rc3 then it should be trivial for Paul to
either rebase the changes on -rc3 and apply that diff as part of
"context_tracking: Take IRQ eqs entrypoints over RCU" (if his tree is
mutable) or just merge -rc3 and apply that diff as part of the merge. I
don't really care how it gets resolved, just so long as it does :)

Cheers,
Nathan