Re: Regression: memory corruption on Atmel SAMA5D31

From: Tudor.Ambarus
Date: Mon Jun 20 2022 - 04:44:06 EST

On 6/20/22 10:04, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> EXTERNAL EMAIL: Do not click links or open attachments unless you know the content is safe
>
> On 18.05.22 09:51, Peter Rosin wrote:

>>> I'm now allocated on this, so I started looking around what has to be done.
>>> I'm thinking of using virt-dma to manage the channels and the request queues.
>>> Will get back to you after I'll have something working.
>>
>> Sounds good, thanks!
>
> That was about a month ago. Has any progress been made to get this
> regression fixed?

Hi, Thorsten, Peter,

I was mostly out of office last month, and I'll still be offline this week.
I made some progress, tried to address the bugs in an incremental way. I now
encounter the memory corruption less often, but I still hit it. I made some
drafts at [1] if someone is curios. Anyway, I'm modifying the driver to use
virt-dma and also I'm trying to move the election of a new transfer in the
irq handler instead of in tasklet. I couldn't find a quick non-invasive fix,
so still in progress.

Cheers,
ta

git@xxxxxxxxxx:ambarus/linux-0day.git, branch dma-regression-hdmac-v5.18-rc7-4th-attempt