Re: input/i8042: Malfunctioning brightness keys on HP Elite Dragonfly G2

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Sat Jul 09 2022 - 11:01:08 EST

Hi,

On 7/5/22 19:25, Alex Dewar wrote:
> Friendly ping? 🙂
>
> I'm also CC'ing the x86 platform people into this, as I'm not sure
> whether this problem is something more within their remit.

Please test the atbkd device with "sudo evemu-record" or "sudo evtest"
and if the brightness keys generate events there, write down the
raw event codes (MSC events).

Assuming the brightness keys indeed send events here, then:

After that you need to create an update to:
/lib/udev/hwdb.d/60-keyboard.hwdb to fix the mapping for your laptop.
See the "To update this file, create a new file ..." section.

You can find the DMI match pattern used in this file by doing:

cat /sys/class/dmi/id/modalias

Once you have things working, please submit a pull-req to upstream
systemd to get these quirk included in the offical hwdb. Or send
me a copy of the local 70-keyboard.hwdb override you have created
and I can submit it upstream for you.

Regards,

Hans