Re: [net-next: PATCH v2 5/8] device property: introduce fwnode_dev_node_match

From: Marcin Wojtas
Date: Fri Jul 15 2022 - 19:16:15 EST

pt., 15 lip 2022 o 21:42 Andy Shevchenko
<andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 10:36:29PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 10:50:09AM +0200, Marcin Wojtas wrote:
> > > This patch adds a new generic routine fwnode_dev_node_match
> > > that can be used e.g. as a callback for class_find_device().
> > > It searches for the struct device corresponding to a
> > > struct fwnode_handle by iterating over device and
> > > its parents.
> >
> > Implementation
> > 1) misses the word 'parent';

I'm not sure. We don't necessarily look for parent device(s). We start
with a struct device and if it matches the fwnode, success is returned
immediately. Only otherwise we iterate over parent devices to find a
match.

> > 2) located outside of the group of fwnode APIs operating on parents.

I can shift it right below fwnode_get_nth_parent if you prefer.

> > I would suggest to rename to fwnode_get_next_parent_node() and place
> > near to fwnode_get_next_parent_dev() (either before or after, where
> > it makes more sense).
>
> And matching function will be after that:
>
> return fwnode_get_next_parent_node(...) != NULL;
>
> Think about it. Maybe current solution is good enough, just needs better
> naming (fwnode_match_parent_node()? Dunno).
>
> P.S. Actually _get maybe misleading as we won't bump reference counting,
> rather _find?

How about the following name:
fwnode_find_dev_match()
?