Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the perf tree

From: Ian Rogers
Date: Wed Jul 20 2022 - 22:36:04 EST

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 4:05 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After merging the perf tree, today's linux-next build (native perf)
> failed like this:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "util/setup.py", line 31, in <module>
> from setuptools import setup, Extension
> ImportError: No module named setuptools
>
> Caused by commit
>
> ee87a0841aa5 ("perf python: Avoid deprecation warning on distutils")
>
> I installed python3-setuptools.

Thanks, could you give more details? Are you overriding python to be
an older version on the command line? What does "python --version" and
"python3 --version" show? Installing python3-setuptools should be what
you need, but I'm not sure why that's not working for you.

In any case. sorry for the inconvenience of this. Thanks,
Ian