RE: Accidental config renaming in commit 3f342a23257d ("crypto: Kconfig - simplify hash entries")

From: Elliott, Robert (Servers)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2022 - 04:31:10 EST

Sorry for the delay - I'm out of office this month.

1. I agree this is wrong:

-config CRYPTO_SHA1_ARM64_CE
- tristate "SHA-1 digest algorithm (ARMv8 Crypto Extensions)"
+config CRYPTO_SHA1_ARM64
+ tristate "Hash functions: SHA-1 (ARMv8 Crypto Extensions)"

I think my grep comparisons to make sure the config lines didn't
change were foiled by - being a special character.

Herbert, can you fix that in a way that won't
cause bisection anomalies?

2. There's one more problem in that commit - the
CRYPTO_BLAKE2S symbol was dropped by 6.0 and should no
longer exist. It's a remnant from the original series
being based on 5.19.

The extra space before "config" led me to overlook it.
(I'll investigate if checkpatch.pl can check for leading
spaces before keywords like this next month)

+ config CRYPTO_BLAKE2S
+ tristate "BLAKE2s"
+ select CRYPTO_LIB_BLAKE2S_GENERIC
+ select CRYPTO_HASH
+ help
+ BLAKE2s cryptographic hash function (RFC 7693)
+
+ BLAKE2s is optimized for 8 to 32-bit platforms and can produce
+ digests of any size between 1 and 32 bytes. The keyed hash is
+ also implemented.
+
+ This module provides the following algorithms:
+ - blake2s-128
+ - blake2s-160
+ - blake2s-224
+ - blake2s-256