[RFC PATCH v4 0/2] erofs: support compressed fragments data
From: Yue Hu
Date: Tue Sep 13 2022 - 07:06:50 EST
From: Yue Hu <huyue2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
This feature can merge tail of per-file or the whole files into a
special inode to achieve greater compression ratio.
Meanwhile, also add a interlaced uncompressed data layout support for
compressed files since fragments feature (and later) can use it.
mkfs v8: https://lore.kernel.org/all/cover.1663065968.git.huyue2@xxxxxxxxxxx/
changes from v3:
- improve the interlaced layout for non 4K uncompressed data as well (Xiang)
- support 64bit fragment offset for fragment inode and legacy compress (Xiang)
changes from v2:
- enhance the condition to check if pcluster is interlaced or not;
- no typo.
changes from v1:
- fix a compiling error without CONFIG_EROFS_FS_ZIP, reported by kernel test
- introduce the term 'interlaced' for patch 1/2 suggested by Xiang;
- fix packed inode failure path when read super pointed out by Xiang;
- use kmap_local_page instead of kmap_atomic pointed out by Xiang;
- use a simpler way to avoid call read fragment data twice suggested by Xiang;
- update commit message change.
Yue Hu (2):
erofs: support interlaced uncompressed data for compressed files
erofs: support on-disk compressed fragments data
fs/erofs/decompressor.c | 47 ++++++++++++++++++-------------
fs/erofs/erofs_fs.h | 31 +++++++++++++++++----
fs/erofs/internal.h | 17 +++++++++--
fs/erofs/super.c | 15 ++++++++++
fs/erofs/sysfs.c | 2 ++
fs/erofs/zdata.c | 48 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
fs/erofs/zmap.c | 62 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
7 files changed, 187 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)