Re: Linux 6.0-rc6

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Mon Sep 19 2022 - 11:03:07 EST

On 9/19/22 07:28, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
On Sun, 18 Sep 2022 21:06:53 -0700 Guenter Roeck wrote:
On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 01:56:17PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
So this is an artificially small -rc release, because this past week
we had the Maintainers' Summit in Dublin (along with OSS EU and LPC
2022), so we've had a lot of maintainers traveling.

Or - putting my ridiculously optimistic hat on - maybe things are just
so nice and stable that there just weren't all that many fixes?

Yeah, I know which scenario I'm betting on, but hope springs eternal.

Regardless, things look fine. I am expecting rc7 to be larger than
usual due to pull requests having shifted one week later, and in the
worst case that might mean that I might feel like we need an extra
rc8, but for now I'm going to assume it's not going to be _that_
noticeable and hope we'll just keep to the regular schedule.

But it would be lovely if everybody gave this some extra tender loving
care in the form of extra testing...

Build results:
total: 149 pass: 149 fail: 0
Qemu test results:
total: 490 pass: 489 fail: 1
Failed tests:
mcf5208evb:m5208:m5208evb_defconfig:initrd

Is this also us? I can't find the report.

It is caused by "fec: Restart PPS after link state change",
and reverting that patch fixes the problem.

Guenter