Re: Planned changes for bugzilla.kernel.org to reduce the "Bugzilla blues"

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Sun Oct 02 2022 - 14:18:00 EST

Hi Artem,

On Sun, Oct 2, 2022 at 2:49 PM Artem S. Tashkinov <aros@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 01, 2022 at 02:58:04PM +0000, Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:
> Bugzilla gets around two dozen bug reports weekly which encompass at
> most thirty emails, which equals to four emails daily on average.

So we're discussing about the fate of a tool through which on average
four bugs per day are submitted (some of which are not very useful
due to lack of information)? A tool which is not maintained upstream?
Perhaps that's enough reason to just kill the tool, so no one has to
worry about it, or maintain it?

However, at four emails per day, you might as well just subscribe the
subsystem mailing lists (each of which would receive only a fraction
of that, right?). Maintainers and several developers won't even notice
that minor increase in the number of daily emails received, although
they might still complain about the contents ;-)
And that still needs someone to keep the tool working...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds