Re: [GIT PULL] Backlight for v6.1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Oct 08 2022 - 15:02:49 EST

On Sat, Oct 8, 2022 at 11:31 AM Andy Shevchenko
<andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Intel PMICs are the beasts when we want to run the code on the real
> hardware.

Yeah, I don't expect he driver to work on real hardware, but I'm
mostly worried about the fact that it also gets very little build
coverage.

The fact that I found the i2c semantic conflict mainly because I was
looking for it (it's cropped up multiple times this merge window) but
*without* seeing it as a build error, that's what worries me.

So I think the

depends on I2C_DESIGNWARE_PLATFORM=y

might be better with a "|| COMPILE_TEST" to at least find the build
issues, even if actual runtime testing is a different anumal entirely.

Linus