Re: [RFC v2 1/4] vmalloc: introduce vmalloc_exec and vfree_exec

From: Edgecombe, Rick P
Date: Mon Oct 10 2022 - 16:04:19 EST

On Mon, 2022-10-10 at 19:04 +0000, Song Liu wrote:
> > On Oct 10, 2022, at 11:13 AM, Edgecombe, Rick P <
> > rick.p.edgecombe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > How does this work with kasan?
>
> With KASAN enabled, BPF works fine. But module load does hit some
> issues.
>
> I guess we are missing some kasan_*() calls?

I'm not sure what the desired behavior should be. Do you mark the
individual vmalloc_exec() areas as allocated/freed, or the bigger
allocations that contain them? Since this is text, it is going to be
getting mostly fetches which kasan is not going to check. Not sure
which is right, but there should probably be some specific kasan
behavior.