Re: [GIT PULL] MM updates for 6.1-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Oct 10 2022 - 21:20:41 EST

On Sat, Oct 8, 2022 at 1:21 PM Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Alexander Potapenko (43):
> crypto: kmsan: disable accelerated configs under KMSAN

Ok, so this conflicted pretty badly with the crypto tree having
re-organized their Kconfig files.

I channelled my inner Alexander the Great, and just cut the whole
thing through by disabling all the architecture-accelerated crypto
includes when KMSAN was enabled.

But that's very different from your tree that disabled the options
individually, so some KMSAN person should probably look around at it
and decide whether some more subtle approach is called for.

The other thing I notice from just doing a build is that I now get

vmlinux.o: warning: objtool: kasan_report+0x12: call to
stackleak_track_stack() with UACCESS enabled

which may just be a "need to teach objtool this is ok", but I'm not
seeing why it's now starting to happen. Maybe just code generation
changed for some reason, or maybe it's just that config options ended
up changing enough to expose this on my allmodconfig builds.

Cc'ing people who may know better.

This is just my reaction from doing the merge and test-build. There
may or may not be more commentary once I've actually tried to boot
into this thing.

Linus