Re: Add linux-um archives to lore.kernel.org?

From: Anton Ivanov
Date: Thu Oct 13 2022 - 03:32:46 EST

On 12/10/2022 20:15, Johannes Berg wrote:
On Wed, 2022-10-12 at 14:11 -0500, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
and is quite active [1]. Once in a while a commit links to the
infradead pipermail archive [2] (the link in that commit appears
broken).

I propose that we add linux-um to the lore.kernel.org archives so
future commits can use lore.kernel.org links that don't depend on
infradead.

https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html says pipermail archives like
infradead has are not ideal, but I don't have any archives at all, and
I don't know how to get even pipermail archives out of infradead.

I think we talked about this before, but I also don't have any archives
worth talking about (only since mid 2019 with a small gap in mid 2020).

If anyone wants to collect the archives from all people, I'm sure it
could be done. I can contribute what I have ...

I am not keeping any (only some of the discussion on my own patches) - I relied on the mailing list archive.

The tooling makes that pretty simple, actually.

I think lists.infradead.org mostly got lost though, right dwmw2? So that
way I don't think we'll find much (old) archives either.

johannes

--
Anton R. Ivanov
Cambridgegreys Limited. Registered in England. Company Number 10273661