Re: Add linux-um archives to lore.kernel.org?

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Fri Oct 14 2022 - 14:07:04 EST

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 8:48 PM Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 8:29 PM Konstantin Ryabitsev
> <konstantin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 02:57:18PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > > The first step is
> > > https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html#requesting-archival-of-an-existing-list
> > >
> > > It doesn't make much sense to start collecting archives if the lore
> > > collector hasn't been activated yet.
> >
> > The archiver is now subscribed to the list. Once we have the archives, we can
> > complete the setup.
>
> Thank you, I have triggered the export from Gmail. After I have received
> the export archive, I will merge it with my local pre-Gmail archives.

I have just sent my merged archive for linux-um.lists.infradead.org
and the old user-mode-linux-devel.lists.sourceforge.net (starting
from 2003-09-02) to Konstantin.

If you you have older archives, or want to fill in the possible gaps,
you can follow the procedure [1] starting from my
linux-um-known-ids.txt.xz[2], and share the new emails with Konstantin.

Konstantin: I believe there is a bug in the sending procedure [3]:

tar cf full-archives.tar dir-with-mbox-files

I guess that should be

tar cf full-archives.tar ~/linux-kernel-announce

instead?

Thanks!

[1] https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html#merging-multiple-archives-into-one
[2] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d68UBC4pOCgQicz_a3vIsJAhDy9CTQnH/view?usp=sharing