Re: [syzbot] WARNING in cow_file_range_inline

From: David Sterba
Date: Wed Oct 26 2022 - 04:14:49 EST

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 07:30:02AM +0000, Johannes Thumshirn wrote:
> On 26.10.22 00:19, syzbot wrote:

> Not sure how applicable this is. The reproducer configures failslab to
> fail every 16th call and then complains about -ENOMEM ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This still has some value I think, though we can't do much when an
ENOMEM is hit, at least from this report I see the way it's reported
back to user can be improved.

For EIO and EUCLEAN we don't dump the full stack trace because such
errors can happen during testing a lot, we may add ENOMEM as well. The
stack is supposed to be noisy for errors we want to know about, eg.
ENOSPC during transaction commit that would point to a bug in the
reservations.