Re: [RFC net-next 2/2] net: dsa: Add driver for Maxlinear GSW1XX switch

From: Camel Guo
Date: Thu Oct 27 2022 - 02:35:29 EST

On 10/25/22 16:56, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> +EXPORT_SYMBOL(gsw1xx_shutdown);

1. EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL
2. Why do you do it in the first place? It's one driver, no need for
building two modules. Same applies to other places.

At some point, there is likely to be SPI and UART support. The
communication with the chip and the core driver will then be in
separate modules. But i agree this is not needed at the moment when it
is all linked into one.

Do you suggest that currently we put the content of gsw1xx_core.c and gsw1xx_mdio.c into one file and split them later at the time when another management mode (e,g: spi) is added?

Actually I kinda hope this piece of code (gsw1xx_core.c) can be reused in lantiq_gswip in short future.

I tried to use the logic in lantiq_gswip directly on the gsw145 chip. Unfortunately it did not work. It seems that the GSWIP part changes a lot.

   Andrew