Re: [RFC v2 7/7] arm64: dts: mt7986: add Bananapi R3

From: Frank Wunderlich (linux)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2022 - 09:35:03 EST

Hi

looked now on the keys and regulators comments...

From: Frank Wunderlich <frank-w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
+&mmc0 {
+ //sdcard

C-style comments please

i drop it completely if still using the way of an separate sd dts.

+ gpio-keys {
+ compatible = "gpio-keys";
+
+ factory-key {

I'd say that this is not "factory-key" but "reset-key"?

+ label = "reset";
+ linux,code = <KEY_RESTART>;
+ gpios = <&pio 9 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
+ };

i kept definition similar to mt7622-bpi-r64,in shematic it is defined as "reset/factory default" and openwrt wants to use it for "factory" function (afair booting some kind of rescue-system for reflashing nand/nor). basicly it is a gpio connected to different reset-lines (including m.2 slot where it has some side-effects in my board-version).

+ };
+
+ reg_1p8v: regulator-1p8v {
+ compatible = "regulator-fixed";
+ regulator-name = "fixed-1.8V";

This is "avdd18", isn't it?

no it is the 1.8VD used for emmc.

+ regulator-min-microvolt = <1800000>;
+ regulator-max-microvolt = <1800000>;
+ regulator-boot-on;
+ regulator-always-on;

All these regulators have a vin-supply: please fill it in.
Moreover, in the schematics, I can also see other LDOs: 0.9VD (input +12VD),
AVDD12 (input 1.8VD), DDRV_VPP (input 3.3VD)...

i have not looked for which the others are defined in shematic only added the ones i need to get the board running.

Of course, this means that you have one more 1.8V regulator, called 1.8vd.

this is the right one

+ };
+
+ reg_3p3v: regulator-3p3v {
+ compatible = "regulator-fixed";
+ regulator-name = "fixed-3.3V";

regulator-name = "3.3vd";

+ regulator-min-microvolt = <3300000>;
+ regulator-max-microvolt = <3300000>;
+ regulator-boot-on;
+ regulator-always-on;

vin-supply = <&dcin>; (dcin: regulator-12vd { ... })

+ };
+
+ reg_5v: regulator-5v {
+ compatible = "regulator-fixed";
+ regulator-name = "fixed-5V";

regulator-name = "fixed-5p1";

why this regulator name and not regulator-name = "5.1vd"; here (or 5vd)?

+ regulator-min-microvolt = <5000000>;
+ regulator-max-microvolt = <5000000>;

Schematics say "+5V: 5.1V/3A", so this is not 5000000.

+ regulator-boot-on;
+ regulator-always-on;

vin-supply = <&dcin>;

basicly i will change the regulator to this:
/* dcin above gpio-keys to preserve alphabetic order - or should i name it reg_dcin to have all regulators together? but dcin should be always above the others which breaks ordering */

dcin: regulator-12vd {
compatible = "regulator-fixed";
regulator-name = "12vd";
regulator-min-microvolt = <12000000>;
regulator-max-microvolt = <12000000>;
regulator-boot-on;
regulator-always-on;
};

/* as far as i see in my shematic all regulators here are powered from +12v */
reg_1p8v: regulator-1p8v {
compatible = "regulator-fixed";
regulator-name = "1.8vd";
regulator-min-microvolt = <1800000>;
regulator-max-microvolt = <1800000>;
regulator-boot-on;
regulator-always-on;
vin-supply = <&dcin>;
};

reg_3p3v: regulator-3p3v {
compatible = "regulator-fixed";
regulator-name = "3.3vd";
regulator-min-microvolt = <3300000>;
regulator-max-microvolt = <3300000>;
regulator-boot-on;
regulator-always-on;
vin-supply = <&dcin>;
};

reg_5v: regulator-5v {
compatible = "regulator-fixed";
regulator-name = "fixed-5p1";
regulator-min-microvolt = <5100000>;
regulator-max-microvolt = <5100000>;
regulator-boot-on;
regulator-always-on;
vin-supply = <&dcin>;
};

using a different naming sheme for reg_5v (regulator-name) does not makes sense to me.

regards Frank