Re: Regression: starting powertop crashes my machine hard since 838d9bb62d13 ("perf: Use sample_flags for raw_data") #forregzbot

From: Thorsten Leemhuis
Date: Sun Oct 30 2022 - 12:54:47 EST

[Note: this mail is primarily send for documentation purposes and/or for
regzbot, my Linux kernel regression tracking bot. That's why I removed
most or all folks from the list of recipients, but left any that looked
like a mailing lists. These mails usually contain '#forregzbot' in the
subject, to make them easy to spot and filter out.]

On 25.10.22 20:40, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hi! Since 838d9bb62d13 ("perf: Use sample_flags for raw_data") starting
> powertop makes my machine crash hard: keyboard is dead, Sysrq does not
> work, and most of the time there is not even a error message on the
> screen; only once in maybe ~20 cases I got the line "kernel NULL pointer
> dereference, address: 0000000000000010", but nothing else.
>
> #regzbot introduced 838d9bb62d13

#regzbot fixed-by: 4b66ff46f2e18