Re: fw_devlink=on breaks probing devices when of_platform_populate() is used

From: Maksim Kiselev
Date: Sun Dec 11 2022 - 03:46:43 EST

Hi, I have the same problem.
https://lore.kernel.org/all/CALHCpMgEZjnR39upkR6iozSk-b5A_GHRo9rcDSPXzzQi6x_qCw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

I think the root of the problem was the choice of 'compatible'
device tree property to marking mtd partition node as a nvmem provider.

This property used only inside 'mtd_nvmem_add' function to setup
'no_of_node' flag.

> config.no_of_node = !of_device_is_compatible(node, "nvmem-cells");

This is how this flag processed by 'nvmem_register' function.

> if (config->of_node)
> nvmem->dev.of_node = config->of_node;
> else if (!config->no_of_node)
> nvmem->dev.of_node = config->dev->of_node;

Thats all, there is no such driver which compatible with 'nvmem-cells'.

So, maybe we should change the 'compatible' property to something else?