Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kunit-next tree with the apparmor tree

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Mon Dec 12 2022 - 13:04:03 EST

On 12/12/22 10:52, Shuah Khan wrote:
Hi David,

On 12/8/22 13:10, John Johansen wrote:
On 12/7/22 18:53, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kunit-next tree got a conflict in:

   security/apparmor/policy_unpack.c

between commits:

   371e50a0b19f ("apparmor: make unpack_array return a trianary value")
   73c7e91c8bc9 ("apparmor: Remove unnecessary size check when unpacking trans_table")
   217af7e2f4de ("apparmor: refactor profile rules and attachments")
(and probably others)

from the apparmor tree and commit:

   2c92044683f5 ("apparmor: test: make static symbols visible during kunit testing")

from the kunit-next tree.

This is somewhat of a mess ... pity there is not a shared branch (or
better routing if the patches).

sorry, there was a miscommunication/misunderstanding, probably all on me, I
thought the kunit stuff that is conflicting here was going to merge next
cycle.

How about I just drop the following for now and handle this in the next cycle?
I think it might be least confusing option. Let me know. I can just do that
and then send pull request in a day or tow once things settle down in next.

2c92044683f5 ("apparmor: test: make static symbols visible during kunit testing")

thanks,
-- Shuah