Re: [GIT PULL] non-MM commits for 6.2-rc1

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Dec 12 2022 - 17:28:05 EST

On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:16:43 -0700 "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 01:44:25PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > wifi: rt2x00: use explicitly signed or unsigned types
>
> Why is this part of your PULL? This was a netdev/wireless tree fix which
> was in 6.1-rc5. Kalle wrote that he took it on 21 Oct 2022 in:
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/166633563389.6242.13987912613257140089.kvalo@xxxxxxxxxx/

Huh. I guess git quietly accepts the identical commit, so Stephen
never told me and my test-merge-with-Linus-latest also came up clean.
Which leaves it to me to manually handle these things, and that's
unreliable.

Is there some way of telling git to complain about identical changes
when doing a trial merge?