Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the ftrace tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Mon Dec 12 2022 - 19:43:01 EST

Hi Steven,

On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 17:56:42 -0500 Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bah, not sure how this happened. I thought I pulled these patches directly
> from Masami. Does a rebase change the committer tags? As I probably rebased
> them on top of my branch.

From "git help rebase"

--signoff
Add a Signed-off-by trailer to all the rebased commits. Note that
if --interactive is given then only commits marked to be picked,
edited or reworded will have the trailer added.

So this is not done by default. Yet another reason to avoid rebasing
others work unless absolutely necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell