Re: [syzbot] WARNING in do_mkdirat

From: Alexander Potapenko
Date: Tue Dec 13 2022 - 06:10:06 EST

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 5:12 AM Hillf Danton <hdanton@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Are upstream maintainers prefering to spend weeks and months creating
> > > ext4 beatles for example over taking a couple of hours scanning the
> > > syzbot reports like this one? Why does the bot kick you if you have a
> > > clean butt? Why are usb people irrelevant in this case?
> >
> > And to continue with the rethorical questions: has anyone bothered to
> > inform you that you are an obnoxious cunt?
>
> When did cunt go in to your mind? And How?
> >
> > *plonk*

I think it's time to take a step back now and try to keep the
discussion constructive.
It's really about bots and automation, no need to engage in personalities.

I myself am not involved in improving syzbot, but as a bystander let
me assure you that the folks do take the feedback seriously and
actually have interest in improving the experience for the upstream
maintainers.