Re: linux-next: manual merge of the pci tree with the arm-soc tree

From: Serge Semin
Date: Tue Dec 13 2022 - 14:03:38 EST

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 05:48:53PM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 10:21:03AM -0600, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 05, 2022 at 09:57:38AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Today's linux-next merge of the pci tree got a conflict in:
> > >
> > > Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/snps,dw-pcie.yaml
> > >
> > > between commit:
> > >
> > > 5c3741492d2e ("dt-bindings: PCI: tegra234: Add ECAM support")
> > >
> > > from the arm-soc tree and commit:
> > >
> > > 4cc13eedb892 ("dt-bindings: PCI: dwc: Add reg/reg-names common properties")
> > >
> > > from the pci tree.
> > >
> > > I didn't know how to fix this up, so I just used the latter (and so lost
> > > the addition of "ecam").
> >
> > Did I miss a suggested resolution for this?
>

> We had a brief discussion about this in another thread. So basically
> Stephen's resolution is fine here and the plan is to instead add the
> ECAM bits that the Tegra patch does in a separate patch on top of
> Serge's patch. I should get around to sending that patch tomorrow.
>
> Thierry

Actually the discussion still goes. I haven't got a respond to my
last suggestion which seems to me more reasonable than extending the
DT-bindings with another vendor-specific reg-name. @Bjorn, please join
the discussion here:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-pci/20221114155333.234496-2-jonathanh@xxxxxxxxxx/

-Sergey