Re: kernel BUG in ext4_free_blocks (2)

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Thu Dec 15 2022 - 21:11:48 EST

On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 08:34:35AM -0800, syzbot wrote:
> This bug is marked as fixed by commit:
> ext4: block range must be validated before use in ext4_mb_clear_bb()
> But I can't find it in any tested tree for more than 90 days.
> Is it a correct commit? Please update it by replying:
> #syz fix: exact-commit-title
> Until then the bug is still considered open and
> new crashes with the same signature are ignored.

I don't know what is going on with syzkaller's commit detection, but
commit 1e1c2b86ef86 ("ext4: block range must be validated before use
in ext4_mb_clear_bb()") is an exact match for the commit title, and
it's been in the upstream kernel since v6.0.

How do we make syzkaller accept this? I'll try this again, but I
don't hold out much hope.

#syz fix: ext4: block range must be validated before use in ext4_mb_clear_bb()

Syzkaller, go home, you're drunk.

- Ted