Re: [syzbot] [hardening?] [mm?] BUG: bad usercopy in con_font_op

From: Aleksandr Nogikh
Date: Mon Mar 06 2023 - 05:29:19 EST

Hi Samuel,

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 8:36 AM Samuel Thibault
<samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The patch below should be fixing it, could you check?
>
> I don't know how I am supposed to properly reference the syzbot report
> etc., could somebody used to the process handle submitting the fix?

As Jiri Slaby correctly said above, you just need to add the
`Reported-by` tag from the syzbot bug report to your patch so that the
bot can recognize the fix later.

If you just want syzbot to check whether the reproducer still triggers
the bug after your changes, you can send an email with the `syz test`
command and the raw diff patch. Here are the instructions:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/docs/syzbot.md#testing-patches
and here are many examples:
https://groups.google.com/g/syzkaller-bugs/search?q=%22%23syz%20test%22

--