Re: [RFC 0/2] RISC-V: enable rust

From: Conor Dooley
Date: Mon Mar 06 2023 - 14:27:06 EST

On Mon, Mar 06, 2023 at 11:18:06AM -0800, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 00:37:29 PST (-0800), miguel.ojeda.sandonis@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 12:18 AM Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Works for me.
> > >
> > > I've got a few other things in the pipeline for this merge window so
> > > this probably won't make it, but I'll dig in after that. We've got a
> > > bunch of Rust-types floating around Rivos as well, so with any luck
> > > someone else will have some time to poke around. Having a full cycle in
> > > linux-next is probably the right way to go for this sort of thing
> > > anyway, as it's likely to shake out some long-tail issues.
> >
> > Thanks a lot! That would be great.
> >
> > At least from our side, no rush. In fact, we are letting users (or
> > arch maintainers) to request/submit the architectures themselves as
> > they need/want them.
>
> It's time for the next release. IIUC there were some authorship issues
> here, did you guys want to re-spin this with those sorted out? I can give
> it a shot if you want, but I'm probably as likely to screw it up as anyone
> else...

It's in my queue to respin, I wasn't bothered doing one until after -rc1.
I'll try to get to it tomorrow since it's simpler than anything else I
currently owe one for.
Should be able to do something that satisfies everyone, or, at least,
gives everyone the opportunity to be satisfied!

Cheers,
Conor.