Re: AUTOSEL process

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Sat Mar 11 2023 - 23:32:57 EST

On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 12:53:29PM -0800, Eric Biggers wrote:
> I'll try to put something together, despite all the pushback I'm getting.

Thanks.

> But
> by necessity it will be totally separate from the current stable scripts, as it
> seems there is no practical way for me to do it otherwise,

It's better that way anyway. Adding diversity to the process is important
if we want to experiment with multiple approaches. What matters is to
have multiple inputs on list of patches.

> given that the
> current stable process is not properly open and lacks proper leadership.

Please, really please, stop looping on this. I think it was already
explained quite a few times that the process is mostly human, and that
it's very difficult to document what has to be done. It's a lot of work
based on common sense, intuition and experience which helps solving each
an every individual case. The scripts that help are public, the rest is
just experience. It's not fair to say that some people do not follow an
open process while they're using their experience and intuition. They're
not machines.

Thanks,
Willy