Re: Report in downstream Debian: mpt3sas broken with xen dom0 with update to 5.10.149 in 5.10.y.

From: Juergen Gross
Date: Tue Mar 14 2023 - 07:24:10 EST

On 14.03.23 12:17, Joost Roeleveld wrote:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 05:28:05PM +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:
I don't know exactly how this translates to Linux internals, but most
devices are fine and it's routinely the mpt2/3sas drivers which
encounter problems.  It would be lovely if we could get to the bottom of
this for once and for all.

So to summarize my two mails: I think te use of dma_get_required_mask
in mpt3sas is wrong, and the dma_get_required_mask return value from
xen-swiotlb is also wrong. Fixing either one should fix this problem,
and I think we should fix both.

Hi all,

Is there anything that can be done to get this fixed in xen and the kernel somehow?
I keep having to manually patch the mpt3sas driver to prevent it from being able to switch to 32bit mode each time I upgrade the kernel.

Just use 5.10.173.

Juergen