Re: [BUG] net, pci: 6.3-rc1-4 hangs during boot on PowerEdge R620 with igb

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Sun Apr 02 2023 - 18:56:37 EST

On Sat, Apr 01, 2023 at 01:52:25PM +0100, Donald Hunter wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2023 at 20:42, Bjorn Helgaas <helgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I assume this igb NIC (07:00.0) must be built-in (not a plug-in card)
> > because it apparently has an ACPI firmware node, and there's something
> > we don't expect about its status?
>
> Yes they are built-in, to my knowledge.
>
> > Hopefully Rob will look at this. If I were looking, I would be
> > interested in acpidump to see what's in the DSDT.
>
> I can get an acpidump. Is there a preferred way to share the files, or just
> an email attachment?

I think by default acpidump produces ASCII that can be directly
included in email. http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html says
100K is the limit for vger mailing lists. Or you could open a report
at https://bugzilla.kernel.org and attach it there, maybe along with a
complete dmesg log and "sudo lspci -vv" output.

Bjorn