Re: A couple of TSC questions

From: Feng Tang
Date: Mon Apr 03 2023 - 11:17:50 EST

On Sun, Apr 02, 2023 at 08:38:37PM -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 02, 2023 at 10:05:51PM -0400, Waiman Long wrote:

> > > Thus far I am seeing eight systems, but out of a large number. So this
> > > is very much preliminary.

> > > Almost all of them are single-socket systems.

Interesting to know. I thought most of the TSC sync problems happen
in multiple socket system. IIRC, Waiman mentioned his platform is a
Cooper Lake which is for 4S or 8S platform, also Thomas and Peter
mentioned tsc sync issue on 8S platforms in other threads.

And your consistent warp of 182 (91 * 2) and 273 (91 * 3) cycles sound
like 'artificial' :), maybe the TSC_ADJUST MSR was programmed by BIOS
or other firmware?

Thanks,
Feng