Computer Audio Appears on Input Device

From: Arınç ÜNAL
Date: Thu Apr 06 2023 - 10:44:31 EST

Hi all,

Me and my friend have got a problem with the computer audio being sent to the receiver as if the headphone microphone hears it.

I've got a generic headphone with a microphone. It's got a single jack.

When I plug it to the laptop two devices are detected. Headphones for output, microphone for input.

As an incorrect behaviour, the computer audio appears on the input device along with output. The expected behaviour should be the audio appears only on the output device.

I tried this on my laptop and headphone while my friend tried it on their laptop and headphone.

I've tried it on Linux v6.3-rc5 while my friend tried it on v6.1.

My laptop has got this audio device:

00:1f.3 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH-LP cAVS

My friend's laptop has got these:

05:00.6 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h/19h HD Audio Controller

05:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Renoir Radeon High Definition Audio Controller

I assumed this was a problem with the HD-Audio Controller driver on Linux as I don't see this behaviour on Windows 10. The drivers on Windows 10:

AMD High Definition Audio Device 10.0.1.24
Realtek (R) Audio 6.0.9132.1

What could be causing this behaviour on Linux?

Thanks.
Arınç