Re: kmemleaks on ac3b43283923 ("module: replace module_layout with module_memory")

From: Luis Chamberlain
Date: Thu Apr 06 2023 - 15:53:45 EST

On Wed, Apr 05, 2023 at 09:14:12PM -0600, jim.cromie@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 8:01 PM Luis Chamberlain <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 04, 2023 at 07:38:41PM -0600, jim.cromie@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 2:44 PM Luis Chamberlain <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<-- my old patch -->

> this disappearing act is still going on.
> my script issues no echo clear > kmemleak

So this email is ab it confusing. Because you comment here before the
new patch.

<-- my new switch statement kmemleak patch to fix the reported leak -->

> sorry for the delay, I was seeing heisen-responses, and several BUGs.
> a make clean seems to have settled things mostly.

And now here you comment after thew new suggested patch and say it
seemst to mostly fixed things.

> But in case theres any clues in there,

In where?

> Ive kept the paste-in of 2 BUGs
>
> with
> f23cd1ffca4b (HEAD) kmemleaks on ac3b43283923 ("module: replace
> module_layout with module_memory")
> ac3b43283923 module: replace module_layout with module_memory

The only commit here that makes sense to me is

ac3b43283923 ("module: replace module_layout with module_memory"

Commit f23cd1ffca4b means absolutely nothing to me. I can only guess
you mean that you've applied my suggested changes with the new switch
statement?

> heres the 1st run. cuz it leaked, I reran in another vm, which got
> different results.
> I left it overnight doing nothing (laptop slept, vm with it),
> and it BUG'd on a soft lockup
> (much later, but the leaktrace does have a timerfd in it)
> R11 looks poisoned.

<-- some unrelated leak I think -->

> using sh-script posted previously,

I don't recall what that sh-script was.

<-- snip some leaks -->

> Im not sure when I did the make clean, maybe here.
> it'd be a 'clean' explanation of the BUG struff.
> I havent seen any today

OK great.

<-- snip some long traces-->

I don't get these long traces if you didn't see any then.

Luis